Sunday, May 5, 2013

you pitched me three steps




The other day, for the first time in a long time, I want you to know that I actually listened to you. Not that I normally ignore you, but I do. Just every once in a while. Because sometimes, you say things I just can't stand to hear. Like, "stop being so forgiving" and "I know you're not really an optimist, so stop acting so damn happy." 

But this time, I listened. You were pretty convincing, I must say.  You told me to stop worrying. That those panic attacks I  keep having are avoidable. You pitched me three simple steps.
One: Let go. 
Two: The ones who care, will love you regardless of your mistakes.
Three: A hike in the mountains can cure most un-diagnosable mental traumas. 

I wish it were as easy as that. But who am I to argue?
You're the one who has your life together. 

Maybe it's time to take a leaf out of your book.








1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your friend is a real hippie. I like him/her already.

    ReplyDelete