Monday, March 11, 2013

Answer: Unknown.


This is blackness. This is blackness and darkness and nothing more.
I was told there should be stars, or maybe gray clouds to brighten up my surroundings...but I guess it was all pretend.
They told me it would be dark in the beginning, and that I wouldn't be able to see any hope for a little while.
They told me this would pass.
But as I look down at my hands that have turned dull from the lack of light, and at my fingernails that should exist more than they do, I think maybe they were all lies.
This space around me is stifling and although I have several paths that lie in front of me, they all look the same.
They all look worn and rocky and maybe just a little bit too treacherous for my battered body.
So I sit here and send one uncomplicated thought out into the universe:
Where do I go from here?










2 comments:

  1. If you have good thoughts they will shine out your face like sunbeams, and there will always be light where you are.

    good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But as I look down at my hands that have turned dull from the lack of light, and at my fingernails that should exist more than they do, I think maybe they were all lies."
    {stolen}
    Amazing...I relate to this a little too much.

    ReplyDelete