Tuesday, April 9, 2013

In another life.



I swear I've met you before.

It's impossible, believe me I know, but you're so familiar.
Its not your face that I recognize, but you.
Its in your eyes and in the way you say my name.
I think its pretty amazing that I came to love you in such a short time.
Maybe in another life we were best friends. You could've been the one who saved my life, or maybe you were the child that changed me.
All I know is that I've met you before.

When I had to leave you, know that I cried because I knew I would never see you again. It was like leaving a part of my soul.
I left a part of me with you.
And I carry your heart with me.*

I'm thinking maybe God intended for us to only meet briefly. Maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe he knows it would only change my life it I had to leave you.
Maybe you miss me as much as I miss you.
Regardless, I hope you know that you have changed me forever.









*Line from "I carry your heart with me" by E.E. Cummings








1 comment:

  1. "It's in your eyes and in the way you say my name."
    I know what you mean. So pretty. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete