Monday, February 18, 2013

I'm Always Thinking of You.

I'm thinking.

I'm thinking about the first time I knew I loved you.
It was summertime and the rain was falling down lightly.
I came over to your house after a long hard day, and you took me by the hand.
We went to your room and we crawled into your bed. 
You wrapped your arms around me.
You told me to sleep.
So I laid my head on your chest and I curled up against your body.
I don't think I ever remember feeling more at home.

I'm thinking about when I woke up, because that's when I knew. 
I opened my eyes and looked up at your face, and I felt it.
I felt that moment of realization. I knew that even if I wanted to change my mind now, I couldn't.
 I remember thinking to myself that I loved you.
I remember being terrified. 

I'm thinking about how that was so long ago.
I'm thinking about how so many things have changed.
I'm thinking about how I still love you, if only more strongly.
I'm thinking about how my favorite sound is your heartbeat.
I'm thinking about how every fight and every unsure moment was, and will be, worth it.
Because you're my best friend. 

I'm thinking that I'm happy.

2 comments: