Monday, February 4, 2013

To be alive.










The purpose of being alive, is to live.
     You cannot live without knowing who you are.
          You cannot know who you are, without knowing your roots.
               To live, you must explore. You must love. You must fail. 

The first time I felt alive was the first time I felt true sadness.
     The second time was when I realized I didn't have control of my own heart.
          The third time was lucid. I was standing on top of the world.
               To live, we must acknowledge simple truths.    
    
To be alive is to welcome pain with open arms.
     To be alive is to be let love in, and not turn away from it when it lets us down.
          To be alive is to feel.


                                        
                

3 comments:

  1. Well said. Your picture makes me think of 'Im on top of the World' by Imagine Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the format.

    "To live, we must acknowledge simple truths."
    So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the format.

    "To live, we must acknowledge simple truths."
    So good.

    ReplyDelete