Monday, February 25, 2013

i present you with a platter full of tantalizing inhibitions.


I don't want to tell you my fears.
But I will anyway. Maybe it will end up being good for me.
It's not because I think you'll take advantage, it's because I'm terrified you wont think I'm strong.
And I need to be the soldier.
I need to be that foundation that everyone can lean up on.
I'm scared that if you knew this rock was crumbling from the inside out, you'd go find a stronger one.
A different rock.
And I need you.

That's one of my fears. Needing you.

Since I just threw that one out there, I may as well tell you I'm also scared of people being taken from me.
I'm scared  because you've already left me once.


I guess I'll tell you that I'm scared of the ocean.
Not of drowning, but of the actual ocean.
I'm scared of the abyss of nothingness that goes down and down and down...

I'm terrified of what I cant see.

Waking up on an even number? Forget it. 6:59 sounds just about perfect to me.
Don't even get me started on centipedes.
I'm scared of that little window of time, because then I recall the memories of you.
Maybe I'm just a little scared of you.
I'm terrified of when I actually let myself think, because my thought process quickly goes on a long downward spiral...
These are thoughts no one should have. I'm scared of the deepest part of my mind.
Every once and a while I'm scared that I missed that one moment.
I'm afraid of what I said, because I know I can never take it back.
Yesterday, I was afraid of today.
I'm scared that God dosent hear me pray. Maybe I'm scared that one day I'll just give up and throw this all away.


I'm mostly scared of myself.
I'm afraid that I'll never have the strength to get over that one thing holding me back.
But oddly enough, I've never been afraid of death.
Sometimes I'm afraid of what you'll do to yourself.
I'm afraid I wont be able to help.
I'm terrified that the one day I'll forget to say I love you will be the day your life is stolen.

But almost always, I think I'm scared of this life that keeps going on and on.
I'm scared that my words will be forgotten.

I think I'm scared that when I finally leave this earth, nothing good will be left of my memory. I'm scared that you'll burn whats left of me , and never take a second glance back.









7 comments:

  1. I'm scared that if you knew this rock was crumbling from the inside out, you'd go find a stronger one.

    Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora.
    This is truly amazing.
    You know I love you. But let me say it again. I love you.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you knew this rock was crumbling from the inside out"...

    I'm a little late on this one, but wow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is real poetry when you find yourself and find a way to post it on blog or paper but mostly being able to tell it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to this whole thing way too well and now I am a full of more fears and I have a lot. So here is a sarcastic thank you.

    "And I need to be the soldier. I need to be that foundation that everyone can lean upon."
    But...wow. This is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so good. I feel like you really wrote from the heart. Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I guess I'll tell you that I'm scared of the ocean.
    Not of drowning, but of the actual ocean.
    I'm scared of the abyss of nothingness that goes down and down and down..."

    Me too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete