Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Peace Is Not Found In The End, But In The Emptiness.




I wish I didn't think about Death.
Correction: I wish I  were younger,  so I wouldn't have to think about Death.
But since I do think about it...I wonder.
Do you think Death knows what God's like?
I assume they work hand in hand.
Do you think God always calls the shots, or does Death choose when to take a life, too?           Do you think Death ever disagrees when God orders it to take a soul?

Mostly, when I think of Death, I wonder what it's afraid of.
Is it afraid of razors, pills, and guns? Is Death scared of taking those lives that have been cut short?
Or is Death scared of nothing, and does it just have a black, pitiless heart like most of us seem to believe?

I prefer to think of Death as the kinder version.
I want to believe that Death cries a little bit when he takes a premature soul.
I like to imagine that Death takes because it has to, not because it can.
When Death takes a spirit that is torn apart and bitter from the experiences Life has given it, I like to think that Death soothes the mind and puts band aids on their sores.

I think Death is truly happy when it takes a spirit that is not hateful or overjoyed, but content.










3 comments:

  1. You had me at the title.
    You never cease to amaze.
    If I told you how many lines I stole I'd get in trouble for plagarism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to believe that Death cries a little bit when he takes a premature soul."

    I love this whole concept.

    You even make death sound beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enchantingly beautiful, true and torturous. I feel enlightened.

    ReplyDelete