Sunday, February 10, 2013

This is nothing.

I really want to write about absolutely nothing.
Is that bad?
Maybe it is. But I think I'll just write about nothing anyway.
I want to write about the black screen after a movie ends, right before the credits.
I want to talk about the blank page in a book between the introduction and the first page.
I want to acknowledge the silence in between two songs on a CD.
Because those vacant pauses mean nothing.
They are simple, undeniable, nothings.  And sometimes it feels so good, for something to be nothing.
Because sometimes, nothing is peace.
Because nothing, cannot be, and will not be, touched by you.
Even you cannot turn nothing into something.
And I love that.
I love that when I see or hear or think of nothing, it can't remind me of you.
Nothing is freedom from you.
So I guess technically, nothing is sometimes everything.


4 comments:

  1. I really liked this.
    And I love those nothings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love some of the lines you use

    I love that when I see or hear or think of nothing, it cant remind me of you

    it's just really great, that's all

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kind of blew my mind. I said what? a couple of times because this was so beautiful but it was one of those unexpected beautifuls, you know?

    ReplyDelete